Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Snaps for me

Much to blog about today.  Random, boring you name it I've got it.

Yesterday I did get up early and head to the grocery store.  Then I whipped up the aforementioned casserole (no onions though--the downside of living with others when they use the last onion and don't put it on the shopping list or purchase more).  I also completed a goal off my list: Make home made marshmallows.  What a sticky fun mess.  The recipe posted at The Kitchn is actually a post about making a half batch of marshmallows.  They link to this recipe  Fluffy Vanilla Marshmallows   Half a batch? Pure genius!  I never think of this when attempting a new recipe. I enjoyed it.  They taste delicious and they were so fun to make.  As far as the recipe goes, they say that a hand mixer doesn't have enough power to make these.  My stand mixer is older than me (seriously at least 10 years older than me) and I have a decent hand mixer.  So I used my hand mixer.  It definitely had enough power, however if you do have a stand mixer, it may be a little easier for you.  And when they say cover the bowl with a towel....you absolutely have to. That batter will spray like crazy.  My best advice for this project is to prep all your ingredients before you start (pre-measure them so you only have to pour them in), have all of your equipment within reach.  Also fill up your sink with hot soapy water.  All of your tool, bowls, spatulas, etc will be incredibly sticky.  It all washes up very nicely including the towel.  I barely needed to scrub anything at all.   I didn't even need to scrub the towel, i just soaked it for 5 minutes then wrung it out.  I let it air dry and threw it by the washer for my next load of towels.  

Last night, I also made a super awesome poster for tonight.  Oh i guess I forgot to mention that.  My sister and I are going to see WWE Smackdown tonight!  promise I will post pictures of the awesome poster as soon as my technical difficulties clear up.

I also took the time to make my delicious lunch.  Dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets and some salsa.  whoohoo.  not to exciting, but it was yummy.

As far as the periodic table magnets go:  I have all necessary supplies except those darn scrabble tiles.  I bought them on Ebay, and they should be getting here any day.  I'm getting impatient so I may run to Goodwill on Saturday to see if they have any old Scrabble games for sale.  I plan to make additional sets and put them up for sale when I get my Etsy store opened at some point this summer. hmmm...what to do, what to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment